Saturday, November 1, 2008

Face Painting in the Chilled Mississippi Night

Last night I helped out at my churches Trunk or Treat. I showed up way early because the girl who called me told me that people were meeting at around 5 to start setting up, only she didn't get there until 6:30 p.m.. How very nice! I ended up face painting from 6-9. Fortunately, I brought my jacket because it ended up getting down to 55 last night. Another girl doing face painting had shorts and tights on, I felt really sorry for her. It is a lot of fun. The kids normally already know exactly what they want or pick something simple that I suggest. When I show it to them in the mirror it is so rewarding to see their smile or their exclamation of "cool", "sweet", or "awesome". The parents normally try to get them to say thank you to me for doing the design, but to me the excitement in their voices and the smile on their face already tells me the thanks that I need.

How I ended up being involved with it all was: I volunteered about a month ago but somehow my name was lost until the night before, when they called me and asked me if I could still come. I almost thought I had escaped ;-) I love face painting but this was the third time this month. November normally is the month to get a little weary of the task. I'm sure next November I'll be reminding everyone "remember, I can do face painting!". Just I'll maybe wait until next November to do my reminding.

1 comment:

Sally said...

You do a great job face painting. My Cece talked about you for days. Hope to see you soon.