Monday, August 25, 2008

Five Quotes . . .

Terrie said...
ok a new tagThe TagJot down 5 of your favorite quotes from the various books you’ve read. If you don’t have the books with you now, Googling (Wikiquotes and the like) can be used to find them. Tag five people and acknowledge the person who tagged you.

Quote number one:
"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?" Anne of Green Gables

Quote number two:
"I may be strong-minded, but no one can say I'm out of my sphere now, for woman's special mission is supposed to be drying tears and bearing burdens." Little Women

Quote number three:
"Where, you tend a rose, my lad,A thistle cannot grow." The Secret Garden

Quote number four:
"You have plenty of courage, I am sure," answered Oz. "All you need is confidence in yourself. There is no living thing that is not afraid when it faces danger. The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid, and that kind of courage you have in plenty." The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Quote number five:
" . . . I could easily forgive HIS pride, if he had not mortified MINE." Pride and Prejudice

No comments: